What is Panini Bread?Is it a specific type of bread with exact recipe or ingredients?Not at all.Panini Bread is just like other bread but with unique and special set of serving.Panini or Panino is a Italian word mean "little breads".This Italian word commonly describe as sandwiches.It can be prepared either hot using panini grill or cold serve.
The type of bread that usually used to make Panini Bread is foccacia or ciabatta.These two type of bread were best used because they both have an open crumb texture with relatively soft crust.This condition allows the filling to be perfectly grilled.However,any other type of bread can be used to make Panini with above description.
Bread flour 1kg
Dry yeast 10gm
Olive oil 40gm
Crusty bread concentrate 30gm
Emulsified fat/Margarine 40gm
1. Place bread flour, crusty bread concentrate, salt, dry yeast and water in a spiral mixer. Mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
2. Add margarine and olive oil, shift to high speed and mix until dough is developed.
3. Divide dough into 150g oblong batons, round and rest for 15 minutes.
4. Mold dough by flattening the pieces before panning.
5. Prior for 1 hour and 25 minutes.
6. Place pans inside an oven pre-heated to 250°C. Reduce temperature to 210°C at the start of baking.
Panini Bread is best served warm, filled with mayonnaise, fresh lettuce, chopped ham, sliced tomatoes and green bell pepper.